So I don't mean to just complain here, but I am struggling BIG TIME! My kids have been sick since New Years and are not getting better. The vomitting subsides for 12-24 hours and then starts up again. Mike was home during the holidays, so I could just go. I have not gone running this week and I'm ready to scream! I'm worrid this will screw up my entire training. Will missing 2 of my 3 runs this week do me in?
I was so excited, and felt so good, and I'm really missing those feelings. My children only throw up at night (and all through the night). I cannot take them to the daycare, so I'm at a loss. Mike is home on the weekends, so Saturday I know I can get my run in. I'm not sure if I just skip the other 2 runs, or keep going and just be 2 runs behind. Any advise?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If I were you, I would just skip the runs you missed. In a 16 week training schedule, you are bound to miss a run here and there. But, the most important run of the week is your long run. Make sure you get that one in. Hang in there. Amber
I agree with Amber. Just do what you can do - and definitely hang in there!
I will be your ray of sunshine! You are going to be fine in the race even if you miss a few runs here and there. The nice thing about your kids being sick now is it's early on in our training. Please don't get too discouraged - I know it's hard not to. Since I'm not knee deep in throw up, what I see is an amazing woman (that's you if you didn't catch on in your sleepy and frustrated state of mind) with determination up to your eyeballs so you win :)
Sharian,
Just so you know the above comment was me - even though it said my husband's name for some strange reason ! Niki
Post a Comment