You are all such an inspiration to me! Thanks for posting your comments, struggles, questions, suggesstions, enthusiasm for running, successess, etc.
I completed my first official day of training. It felt great. Like Deena said, running outside is awesome - even in this cold weather (although I wasn't complaining about the 50 degree running weather last week in Arizona). It isn't for everyone, but it works well for me. Absolutely anyone is welcome to join us at the crazy hour of 5:45 a.m.!
My husband and I watched Nova program a while back and it was all about people training to run a marathon who had never run before. It was fasinating. Almost all of them were out of shape and overweight. All but one, due to injury, finished the race. Not everyone lost tons of weight and turned into a model. But what did happen was after three months, everyone's health inside their bodies dramatically improved. It was like a whole new person on the inside. By the end of the program I was rooting for every one of those runners to finish and I was so proud of them. On a more personal level, I am proud of each one of us for committing to work hard and reach a goal and the byproduct is better health emotionally, physically and spiritually.
Happy running!
Monday, January 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can I still hope to have a body like a model and lose tons of weight? ;) hee hee
Post a Comment