Tuesday, January 1, 2008

What's up honey's? Thanks again for putting this all together ladies. (thanks Amber!) I vote for the white tee too. Here's some thoughts on the tee, take 'em or leave 'em...
I threw together this image real quick-like this morning. I was thinkin' something sleek like this across the front, and I've seen some awesome images on the back-bottom corners of tee's. Like a sunflower with an incoming bee, or a cool honeycomb print that spreads as it comes up, whatever, just some thought inside my head. Simple but sassy!
I went to Salt Lake Running Co. and got shoes. I went with the Nike, air pegasus. Nike's have always been too narrow for me, but I was informed they have re-done the design of their running shoes. What a pleasant surprise. I got the Powerstep insoles, and found that i have a high arch. Thanks for the suggestion of this place, I feel so much better prepared. (and I have 30 days to run in them and be sure they are the ones) I must admit, if these are the shoes for me, I will try to find them cheaper when I need a replacement. I also wanted socks, but whoo! too pricey! I went to Ross and TJMaxx. I found some great moisture-wicking socks (clearance 2 pairs $1.99) and some non-cotton pants. So, this is totally a personal question, but...Do you runners run in your garments? I have always played basketball and worked-out in my garments, but I've only ran up to 5 miles. I haven't bought "panties" in 9 years. Do you stay away from cotton with those too?
This is why you are all really glad I am in on this, for questions like that! I'm not afraid to just throw it out there! Today will be my first day of training, just 2 miles, but knowing what I'm beginning makes it a bit intimidating. Thanks again for all the support, this will be an amazing 16 weeks!
-S H E R I A N


2 comments:

Lori Collett said...

I love the shirt design, it's so cute! As far as running in garments, I never do. I have never tried, but I would think that they would rub all the wrong ways. I have never had a problem with the type of underwear that I wear, as far as rubbing or anything, but I always love to wear something a little more slippery. I love the undies that Gap Body has.
I ran 40 minutes outside this morning! It didn't feel too great, because I have some chest congestion and a cough, but I am so glad that I did it!
I hope that all of your training is going well! Until next time!

Leslie Peterson said...

the shirt design is great! you have so many talents! by the way i enjoyed your talk on sunday! i don't wear my garments for exercising, when i do , its to sweaty! i wear silk. i just get the 6pks of hanes panties and socks at the walmart for $10. what about a sports bra? are you wearing something supportive to control the bouncing?!! i went and got sized at nordstrom ( i was 3 cup sizes off!)and bought a great sports bra. i recommend getting sized there to everyone. i ran my 5 miles today! i run on the treadmill when my baby is sleeping. 64 minutes. i'm at 13 minutes a mile. what about you? great job on the running today ladies, keep going. take it day to day.