Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been created to help a group of women in their quest to run a half marathon. We will post about our training, our successes and our failures. Hopefully there will even be a few laughs along the way.
2 comments:
hi honey, so sorry your feeling like this. it could very well be the treadmill, it is a very long time to be running and definitely takes lots of endurance on your part to keep going mile after mile just watching a tv show. i have been training on the treadmill since november and am doing well, it takes alot of self talk ( positve) i tell myself the amount of miles i;m going to run before getting on and keep telling my self that the whole time and also other positive statements about how well i'm doing. i've also heard the 2nd mile is hard and the body is warming and getting tired, you just need any excuse to get off. so you have to keep up your positive talk and push threw it. it is mental.
also, i have had a mental block the last 2 weeks during christmas holidays, i haven't been able to get past 6 miles. so i've been stuck there, not even doing the miles i've planned for myself, so this week is my last of 5 miles for tues, thurs. and 6 miles for mwf, then next week i will move on and i'm preparing mentally and when its hard, i will have to push threw it. you will get threw this, just push yourself a little and maybe ask yourself why? you are doing awesome and you need to tell yourself that over and over till you believe it! luvs leslie
You are awesome! I hear ya, on mile two, I keep thinkng I need to stop. I start telling myself, maybe I'm getting sick (maybe a cold?), or...I need water, or ... I'm getting a leg cramp ... ANYTHING to stop. But, I know that if I push through it, I stop feeling that resistance and it becomes a lot easier. Plus, when I am finished, I am SO glad I met my goal and didn't stop. I ran outside on Tuesday and it felt really good, but I had to keep telling myself I could do it. Sometimes I think, "how long did I run last time? I KNOW I can at least do that again!"... then when I get there, it's like I don't want to stop, I want to see how far I can really push it! When you're at your breaking point, pretend there is a super snotty (skinny) girl on a treadmill next to you and she leans over and says "It's OK to stop if you don't think you can make it." What would you say back? I'd say "Oh yeah? you just watch me, I'll make it!"
Post a Comment