Monday, January 7, 2008

my training (week 1) as a nursing mother

Well, I have struggled with the long runs the last couple weeks. The morning of our meeting I thought I had the flu, so I stayed home. It sounds like I missed a great run. Long and fast!! (I think that means I'm the slow one.) I'm okay with that. I'll just have to keep training. Well, it wasn't the flu, it was mastitis. It's all under control now. But last Saturday I had to cut my long run short. I was just under 4 miles. Chet needed me. He didn't need to eat, he just got trampled by his sister. I guess that's what happens when you leave your baby in your bed! Never fear, he's slept exclusively in his crib since. Thanks Deanna for coming back with me. So, Amber, Katrina, and Janet S... how was the run?

I love running outside. It is amazing how well you learn to adjust to the weather. We (me, Niki, Deanna) ran this morning. It was 20 degrees. It felt great. Other than the runny noses. We just wear extra layers, gloves, hats, and Niki even has a ski mask! We keep warm enough I guess! It is great to run with you ladies. Knowing there is someone outside waiting for me is enough motivation to get me out of bed to brave the cold. Feel free to join us. We are following the Smart Coach training program with the long runs on Saturday.

I agree with Lori. It's great hearing from you. It helps keep me motivated too. It's fun trying to keep up with all the posts and comments. Happy running.

Deena

No comments: