Thursday, January 3, 2008

Hey ladies!
I wish I had gone to the meeting. I feel like I missed out. You guys all sound so serious. You're making me nervous!! I took a few days off this week and now I'm ready to hit it hard. I love the shirt idea. Very cute.
Deena

3 comments:

Leslie Peterson said...

i'm not fooled! you have been a runner since i met you! i even ran behind you in the saratoga springs 5k last summer and you were 10 months pregnant! i am very impressed! so i am interested in your training plans- how many miles a week, do you increase miles or how long you run? how was the run this morning. great job, keep it up

Harvest Hills Runners said...

I'm not running as many miles as you run during a week. You're doing great. My miles will be right around 20. I guess I'm trying to get one long one in and I'm going to try not running every day. I am going to do 4 days. We'll see how it goes. I'm not very good at doing cross training, but I'm going to try it. I don't think the mileage increases very much, except the long ones, of course. But there is some speedwork that should make me run faster. Hopefully!! Are you planning to continue increasing your mileage? What plan are you following?
Deena

Leslie Peterson said...

hi
i started out following the hal higgins program, adding a mile every couple weeks, but looking back at it it seems i've tweeked it a bit! i did move up to 7 miles this week. so doing 7 miles on monday and saturday( only running 4 days this week) and 6 miles on tues. and friday. its still working out for me thus far. i'm sure when i get to higher mileage, i'll just run it once a week - and lower miles the other training days- 7 miles took me 91 minutes! crazy long! keep going and report back soon! leslie