Friday, March 7, 2008

Loving the light weeks

I didn't realize how important the light workout weeks would be when I started training. I thought I could continue with the training to get faster. Now I actually look forward to them. Last week was one of those weeks. It was fabulous!! The easy week makes it easier to continue with the training the following week.

I am doing my longest run yet tomorrow--10 miles. My plan is to try some of the gel during my run. I'll admit taking that stuff makes me nervous. (That's why I'm practicing with it.) I've never had it before, so I'm not sure how my body will react. I hope I don't puke!! (Sorry to those I am running with if I do!) :) Thanks for the questions and answers Leslie and Amber. We'll see how it goes!

If you'd like to join us tomorrow, we'll be leaving at 6:00 am. Let us know if you're coming so we don't miss you!!
Good luck to all on your long run!!
Deena

1 comment:

Leslie Peterson said...

Wow! 10 miles! How did that go? I was supposed to run 9 on saturday and pooped out at 2! Not my best long run!