Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Longest Run?

So, just a quick question... what is the longest training run you will be doing before the race? I'm a little nervous because my schedule has my longest run as 10 miles.

My long run this week was 6 miles. Wahoo! Truthfully, that is the longest distance I have ever run in one shot. I have been a little disappointed that I haven't dropped any weight. I mean, yes, my first goal is to run the half-marathon. But I thought I'd lose some pounds as a benefit of training. Blah! Anyhoo... I do feel good about keeping on track with my schedule. I am committed to doing this!

1 comment:

Harvest Hills Runners said...

Hey Sabina, I don't think you need to lose any weight??!! I think you look great! Six miles is also my longest run so far (ever). My training schedule has me running a long run of 12 miles the week before the marathon. Everyone says that after about mile 6 it just gets easier, I sure hope so. I have had tons of fun running with Allison, Danielle, Lindsey, and Jerrah.