Hi ladies,
It was fun to see those who came to the girl's night out pasta party! We missed you who were not there.
Can you believe the big day is almost here? I am so excited!
Naturally, at the party we were discussing the race. We talked about carb loading. I didn't exactly know what carb loading was and I haven't done any more research on it, but my husband's friend is an avid runner and has run many, many marathons, halfs, triatholons, etc. His opinion is qualified in my opinion. If you want more facts, google carb loading or go to Hal Higdon's web site or Runner's World, etc. Anyway...here are some things he suggested:
* Eat light this week.
* Eat pasta and healthy carbs the night before the race (you don't need to eat differently than you normally would)
* Think about not eating excessive amounts of fibrous foods (I think you can figure out why!!)
* The first 2-3 miles of the race, go slower than you think you should so you have enough energy to finish strong and feel good.
* Have a great time!!!! (He didn't say that, I put that in)
Good luck to all!
Niki
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the carb loading info Niki.
Deena
Post a Comment