Thursday, April 10, 2008

Brrrrr!

Enough already! I am SO ready for the warm weather...I dream of it at night! I finally got the all clear from the doc. I am having to run/walk, which has been rather disappointing, but at this point I am just happy I still get to participate.
I ran/walked 8 miles tonight and it felt really good. It was fun to see Mindy out on the path, and helped me remember I'm not in this alone! My mental hurdle still seems to be the second mile, and the physical hurdle is my sixth mile. However, today, I seemed to get through it quite well, running my entire 6th and 7th mile. Ironically, fate was with me tonight. As I started my 6th mile my iPod started the Doors song "Break on through...to the other side...Break on through...to the other side" It was surprisingly motivating!
This cold air hurts my chest and lungs, so I'm praying for some warmth next weekend. (Please pray with me) I seem OK while I'm running, but about 5 minutes after I finish I really feel it.
I am grateful for this opportunity, and have learned a ton about myself during this process. I want to thank those who helped put this together. A big 'Shout Out' to Sabina, who mentioned the race originally, what a trend-setter you are woman! "Holla!"

No comments: