Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Adventure Begins

If you are reading this, then you have committed to run the Salt Lake City Half Marathon on April 19th. This blog is a place where we can encourage and support each other as we train and prepare ourselves for the race. Good luck everyone!

12 comments:

Harvest Hills Runners said...

Hi everyone! It was great to meet all of you this morning. I talked to my sister-in-law this afternoon about the shirts. To get them in the "non sweaty" material that we want we will only be able to get them in white, gray, or black (without a lot of added expense). Any preferences? Do we all want the same colors? Let me knwo what you think. I think this will be a fun adventure.

Lori Collett said...

I opt for white!!

Leslie Peterson said...

I vote for white or black, lets all match same color so we stand out in the marathon crowd! the t shirts need to be a womens size shirt, not the bulky,big,long shirts the city marathons give out.

Leslie Peterson said...

Hi guys,
welcome to training, i missed the meeting and the opportunity to meet all you strong women! i have been training for the marathon since Nov.1 . I committed Sabina to run with me then she committed Deena and Amber and now its snowballed to all of you! so exciting! I've been running a couple years now, and did 3 - 5ks this last summer and was ready for something more, the running has helped me alot with my weight loss, 36 pds this year! I am running on my treadmill for the winter and will join the outsiders this march, i also want to run once a week with anyone that can down on the jordan parkway at willow park and bust out 8 or 10 miles- plan on march!
so, i want to know everyones running stories, whether this is your first time running or you've been around the block already!

Harvest Hills Runners said...

What do you ladies do for cross-training in between running days? or do you run everyday? -SABINA

Leslie Peterson said...

hi sabina
i don't cross train right now, i'm running all 5 days and resting saturday and sunday.

Harvest Hills Runners said...

I've heard that you should not run every day but give yourself a day in between to rest and recover. Is that not true?
Mindy

Momma Manners said...

Hi everyone! Sabina told me about this last night and I hope you don't mind if I join your group. I have never ran any kind of marathon before, so this will be a great challenge. I do like to run. I had knee surgery a couple years ago-so I hope I will be able to hold up. I was wondering if anyone runs at the Legacy Center? I am looking for a partner to run with at 6:00 AM at the Legacy Center.

I am so excited!
Jarrah

Harvest Hills Runners said...

Mindy - I only run 3 times a week. I don't think my body holds up very well with more. And the truth is, I don't like running enough to do it everyday. I think you just need to find what works for you and stick with it. - Amber

Harvest Hills Runners said...

hey jarrah! There is a group of us running outside at 5:45am. You are welcome to come with us.
Deena

Leslie Peterson said...

mindy-i enjoyed my my "rest" day today! my legs are sore from my 5 running days, equaling 28 miles! wow! i amaze myself! so i'll see on monday how my body is doing if i'll do cross training or continue running 5 days in a row. its important to listen to your body, don't want to get burnt out or hurt yourself.

Harvest Hills Runners said...

Hey guys, keep posting blogs, it's fun to read what everybody is doing. It helps keep me motivated. A group of us have been running on Tues/Thurs nights (8:00)at the Legacy Center. We also went this morning (Saturday). If anyone is interested let us know, the more the merrier. I think running is getting a little easier. I took Ambers advice and went to the Salt Lake Running Co and got new shoes. Big difference, thanks for the advice!
Mindy